Headed outside the campground during your stay? Here are two fun day-trip itineraries.
- 9 a.m.: Pack up the car and a bagged lunch and head North on Route 16
- 10 a.m.: Arrive at the Mount Washington Auto Road
- 10–11 a.m.: Drive up the Auto Road
- If you prefer not to drive yourself, guided tours are available from 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m. (4:00p.m. after Sept 28), weather permitting. All tours take two hours roundtrip, including one hour on the summit. Tours leave from the Stage Office at the Auto Road Lodge.
- 11 a.m.–Noon: Enjoy the view from the top of Mount Washington! Make sure to take lots of pictures. You are on top of a 6,288-foot peak, after all!
- 1–2 p.m.: Drive back down the Auto Road
- 2 p.m.: Head south on Route 16 into North Conway Village and pick up a cupcake (or two!) from the award-winning White Mountain Cupcakery!
- Enjoy the rest of the day exploring North Conway’s shops or head back to the campground and go for a swim!
- 9 a.m.: Pack up the car for a trip into Meredith, NH
- 10 a.m.: Shop at the Mill Falls Marketplace (Check online for weekly events calendar)
- Noon: Dine at one of the local restaurants that overlook the beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee.
- 1–2:30 p.m.: Enjoy a scenic cruise around Lake Winnipesaukee onboard the MS Mount Washington. (But be sure to purchase your tickets in advance!)
- 3 p.m.: Finish up your shopping and head back to camp to unwind after your adventurous day touring the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire!