Danforth Bay is teaming up this fall with End 68 Hours of Hunger. We are reaching out to our campers to bring a food item to donate to this cause to help those in need in our community. A food donation bin will be located in The Depot and will be collected until the weekend of October 28 with our “Wrap It Up Food Drive Weekend”.
End 68 Hours of Hunger is a private, not-for-profit, effort to confront the approximately 68 hours of hunger that some school children experience between the free lunch they receive at school on Friday afternoon and the free breakfast they receive at school on Monday morning. This weekend program, established in New Hampshire in 2011, puts nourishing food in the hands of school children to carry them through the weekend.
Please consider donating and helping end childhood hunger, one school at a time.
Here is a list of items needed:
- Peanut Butter –18 oz Plastic
- Canned Beef Stew
- Canned Soup—12‐20 oz size
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Granola Bars/Nutrition Bars
- Instant Flavored Potatoes
- Instant Oatmeal/Individual packets
- Saltine/Graham Crackers
- Canned Pasta—Beefaroni/Ravioli
- Hormel Complete Meals
- Fruit Cups—4 pack
- Instant Flavored Rice or Noodles
- Tuna or Chicken or Pulled Pork 10 oz or smaller cans
- Pudding Cups—4 pack