Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort and The Bluffs RV Resort is owned and operated by the Hoyt Family of East Madison. In July of 2000, the Hoyt family purchased 3 parcels of land on property once known as Shawtown Campground. After purchasing the land, the Hoyts began the task of turning the campground into one of New Hampshire's largest family camping resorts. Construction took a full year before it was ready to open for its first season in 2001.
In 2006, The Bluffs RV Resort opened. The Bluffs is an expansion of Danforth Bay that was designed specifically as a seasonal and extended-stay RV resort for active adults over 50, offering a 10,000 square foot clubhouse with pools, fitness room, tennis and pickleball courts and much more.
Danforth Bay Fast Facts:
- A full half-mile of shoreline on Danforth Bay includes two sandy beaches along with canoe and kayak access to Huckins Pond, a natural area great for wildlife viewing.
- Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort boasts three swimming pools, three tennis courts, volleyball courts, a basketball court, playgrounds and many other recreation facilities.
- Pet-friendly Danforth Bay is truly big-rig friendly with wide roads, 24 pull-through sites, 20/30/50 amp service and deluxe sites with level 45’x12’ concrete pads.
- Danforth Bay campers begin their visit by checking in at our main office at The Depot. There you'll find a full-service camp store with snacks, supplies and Danforth Bay gifts. Our laundry facility, game room and a family room are also found in this building, situated right next to the spacious heated swimming pools. An emergency phone and bulletin board can be found on the porch at the Depot. The late arrival box is located near the entrance to the store. Check the weatherboard for the latest forecast.
- Danforth Bay offers guests the opportunity to stay in one of ten camping cabins, three rustic cabins which sit on the shore of Danforth Bay and seven deluxe four-season cabins conveniently located near the pools and facilities.
- Introduced in 2015, a deluxe cottage offers guests an additional camping option. Set atop a wooded hill, this private, yet the centrally located cottage is available for 3-season camping.
Fast Facts The Bluffs:
- Introduced in 2006, The Bluffs is a 150 acre expansion of Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort, exclusively for adults ages 50 & over with no children living at home.
- The Bluffs offers 313 seasonal sites, all of which are able to accommodate the largest of RVs and Park Models and rates include cable TV, Internet access and guest fees.
- Guests at The Bluffs have full access to all Danforth Bay amenities, including entertainment and recreational activities, its camp store, snack bar and more.
- The hub of activity at The Bluffs is the 10,000 square-foot Clubhouse, with a fitness room, function facility with kitchen, game room, living room and handicapped-accessible rest rooms.
- Located next to the Clubhouse are a recreational swimming pool, a lap pool, three tennis and pickleball courts and more.
- While The Bluffs is designed to be a seasonal camping destination, an introductory weeklong stay is available for a fee and includes electric.
- Facilities and amenities located in The Bluffs are for use by The Bluffs seasonal campers and their registered guests only.
Groups: To qualify for group rates, groups must book 10 sites or more and the group leader is responsible for making the reservations and paying the bill for the entire group. Group rates are not available during the summer season, Memorial Day, Columbus Day or Labor Day. Danforth Bay has an experienced event planning staff that will assist in planning activities, coordinating meals and arranging for tours to any of the region’s outstanding attractions, ensuring that each group gets the most out of their trip.
Winter Camping: Danforth Bay offers winter campsites and access to radiant-heated bath houses with full shower facilities. Danforth also offers winterized, heated camping cabins for a truly unique winter getaway. Danforth Bay is connected to New Hampshire's statewide trail network, including “Corridor 19”, and snowmobile riders can access more than 6,800 miles of trails right from their back door.
Thomas PrindleMarketing ManagerTel: 603-367-4042Email: email@example.com